Saturday, February 02, 2013

Edward Irving "Ed" Koch (pron.: /ˈkɒtʃ/

Ed Koch was a famous New York City mayor from 1977, 1981 and 1985... and did many other things. He died yesterday. As a Democrat,  he was in favour of pro-gays and pro-lesbian rights. It is to be noted since today, the French 'Assemblée Nationale has said yes to homosexual marriage.

In 1989, Koch declared, "it happens that I'm a heterosexual" during a radio interview about a book he co-authored with Cardinal J. O'Connor. The interviewer wanted Koch to clarify his views on homosexuality relative to O'Connor.
Koch refused tocomment on his sexual history,and he wrote:
"What do I care? I'm 73 years old. I find it fascinating that people are interested in my sex life at age 73. It's rather complimentary! But as I say in my book, my answer to questions on this subject is simply "Fuck off." There have to be some private matters left."  At the same time, he supported death penalty and was a hawkish supporter of Israel. He crossed party lines to endorse Rudi Giuliani for mayor in 1993, Michael Bloomberg in 2001, and George W. Bush in 2004. If you want to know more: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/01/us/ed-koch-obit/index.html


Quite a complex figure. Watch him here in his role of movie critic:

No comments: