Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard

A gripping short film about our world: The SoS, the Story of Stuff is a must see.

"Do you have one of these?" (Annie Leonard shows her iPod). "I got a little obsessed with mine. In fact, I got a little obsessed with all my stuff. Have you ever wondered where all the stuff we buy comes from and where it goes when we throw it out? I couldn't stop wondering about that so I looked it up. And what the text books said is that our stuff simply moves along these stages: extraction to production to distribution to consumption to disposal. All together, it's called the materials economy.
Well, I looked into it a little bit more. In fact, I spent ten years traveling the world tracking where our stuff comes from and where it goes. And you know what I found out? That is not the whole story. There's a lot missing from this explanation. " ............................................
Watch that great video and learn!

Here is a New York Times article about this film:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/11/education/11stuff.html?_r=1

1 comment:

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.